Wednesday 26 September 2012

Seche Vite Top Coat

It seems appropriate that I should do my first proper blog post on my favourite product EVER!  As you can see from the image above, it gets a lot of use from me. I really can't stress how much I love Seche Vite and it might sound sad but yes, it probably has changed my life.

Promised not to yellow, it is formed so that it penetrates nail lacquer right down to the base coat to form a single, solid coating over the nail. This prevents any chips occurring and nail colour can last much longer. They also don't test on animals which is nice!

Although I've heard from others that this can make their colour last over a week, I probably get an average of three-five days of perfect colour out of my polish when I use this. Having said that, I am one of those people that as soon as I get a chip I start peeling (an awful, disgusting habit) and then it all has to come off and be redone. 

For me, the fact that it makes nail varnish last longer is actually just an added bonus - my favourite things about the product are how quickly it dries and how much nicer it makes the polish look. I find some lacquers (especially if cheap and old) can look slightly uneven and streaky at first. Pop this over the top and you get a smooth, shiny professional looking finish. The shine also doesn't go down over time, which I find can sometimes happen with polish. As well as this (can it get any better?!) the drying time on this top coat is super fast. You can apply it over still damp polish and a minute later you can move about and touch things without the worry of ruining the polish you've just spent ages doing.

Seche Vite can be purchased from various places online for around £10ish. I've never seen it personally in a store but I'm sure beauty salons that promote its use would sell it.  I do also use a Seche base coat but I'll cover that in a post a different time.

Overall - my favourite top coat ever and a product I can't imagine ever not using! x

No comments:

Post a Comment